Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Why are we at war?

Seriously, why are we in this war? I've listed all of the reasons I have heard.

1) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
I don't know if you remember, but we went into this war because we "thought" that Iraq had WMDs and was going to use them to attack American cities. This search is officially over, silently pushed away, out of the eyes of the public. [source]

"A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war."
Albert Eintstein

2) Iraqi Freedom
Once we reached Baghdad, the news channels changed their graphics to say "Operation Iraqi Freedom." In other words, we were there to overthrow the current system of government to install our own, imperfect system of ruling.
Iraqi Freedom is a lame reason to start a war. Had that been the initial reason, no one would have agreed. Only under extreme circumstances should we go to war as a last resort.
Also, I'd hardly call it freedom because, needless to say, violence and terrorism has escalated since US occupation. [source]


3) No Reason
For a while we didn't need a reason because of the capture of Saddam Hussein. I'd like to congratulate the people in the white house on how they took that. If I wanted to make a leader of a nation look bad, I would have certainly showed him getting his teeth examined in a patient's gown. [image]

4) Link to al Qaeda/War on Terror
For one thing, the Bush Administration planned to go into Iraq before 9/11, so a link to al Qaeda couldn't have been the original reason.
Iraq has not done any acts of terrorism, so why are they on our list? Sure he's an evil dictator, but not a terrorist. [source] [more sources]

5) Oil
Now I don't think I even need to say much about this because no one in their right mind would defend this as a valid reason. I refuse to believe that tens of thousands of people were killed for oil. I know that sounds close-minded, but it's just too sick to believe.



"Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before."
Larry Reeves

I think this list makes it clear that the American public was taken by their government. If you still think that going to war was just, I don't know what logical or moral reason you might have. Please add a comment about it though because it would be interesting to hear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home